Monday, July 21, 2008

Finishing off my UEN class

I've been taking one UEN (Utah Education Network) class every three or four months in order to get a lane change (pay raise) eventually. I just finished my assignment for the latest class I've taken on Webquests. So, here is my first webquest ever.

It's on Victorian England, and I hope to use it with my reading of The Importance of Being Earnest next year.

I have two essential questions connected with the Webquest:
  1. Why is the face we show the world different from our real face?
  2. Why is it so important to "keep up appearances"?
I hope this will spark some interest with my high school aged students, as keeping up appearances is obviously a very important subject for them.

1 comment:

BookChook said...

I love the way you are trying to make literature relevant to kids' own lives. The world needs more communicators like you!